Looking for the city which has foundations, whose architect and builder is God

Friday, May 14, 2010

Revolution.

Jesus said, “…I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.” We built buildings.

Jesus said, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it.” We doled out cheap grace and told them to ask Jesus into their hearts.

Jesus prayed to the Father, “…I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.” We divided the Church into denominations and fracture local churches with disagreements over style of worship.

Jesus said, “…whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” We have invested our resources in structures and parking lots.
Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world.” We don’t understand there is no such thing as a “Christian” nation. There is only a Kingdom made of Christ followers from every tribe and nation.

Jesus said, “The greatest among you will be your servant.” We call great those who do a task well and those whose passion is serving are deemed insignificant.

Jesus said, “Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness.” We have sought to be comfortable.

Jesus said, “Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me.” We have obeyed the commands that were pleasing to us and claimed love for Jesus.

Revolution. We have been in revolt against God and yet are unaware. We have mistaken our desires for God’s will. We have self-rule instead of God’s rule.

Revolution. We must revolt against our own self-rule. Jesus calls that repentance.

No comments:

Post a Comment